Media and Appearances
Downloads and Assets
Peter has dedicated his life and efforts to a combination of four things: family, faith, business success and giving back. His impact has been widespread, intentional, influential, and meaningful. Taking Stock provides personal and compelling insight into Peter’s caring nature and unique leadership contributions. A must read.
Jeanette Prenger – Founder and CEO, ECCO Select
Peter spoke at Innovate Fort Worth during Global Entrepreneurship Week
Embark on a transformative journey with Peter J. de Silva, an accomplished senior leader with over three decades of financial services industry experience. Through his perspective, Taking Stock: 10 Life and Leadership Principles from My Seat at the Table, de Silva opens the doors to his remarkable leadership odyssey, offering battle-tested insights that will ignite your growth and revolutionize your approach to conquering challenges.
A final principle, or theme, running throughout Taking Stock can be best summarized in the saying, “if something is inevitable, embrace it.” Peter has experienced great change throughout his long career. He instinctively knows how to accept change, how to cope with the uncertainty around it, and how to help others confront that uncertainty with confidence.
From his experiences and life challenges, Peter has developed a set of principles that guide his actions and have served well to make him a reliable, effective, and ethical leader.
Peter de Silva’s book is more than a primer on leadership and more than an autobiography. It is a series of lessons on leadership gained through personal experience as he confronted severe personal obstacles to achieve success for himself and those he led.
Tom Hoenig – Distinguished Senior Fellow, Mercatus Center, Vice-Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), President, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, 1991–2011
Having held C-level positions at TD Ameritrade, Scottrade, UMB Financial Corporation, and Fidelity Investments, Peter de Silva has an insider’s view on the financial and leadership crisis that shook our country in 2008 and continues to serve as a highly trusted advisor during turbulent times. This business and life experience—along with de Silva’s work as a Harvard University Senior Fellow; board member to private companies and nonprofit organizations; and his lifelong struggle with a debilitating disease—gives him a unique perspective, one that leaders and aspiring leaders across the globe will find enlightening, empowering, and inspiring.
- July 18, 2023 – Taking Stock captures 2 book awards. Read Press Release
- Taking Stock was the winner of the Business Category in the 2023 Beach Book Festival.
- Authority Presswire Recognizes Peter de Silva’s Successful Launch of Taking Stock
Articles and Reviews
- Review from Redheaded Booklover
- Review of Taking Stock from Literary Titans
- Peter de Silva Receives Honorary Doctorate from Park University – Press Release
- UMass Dartmouth Alumni Stories – Peter de Silva ’84 shares leadership lessons
- O Journal Article – Dartmouth’s Peter J. de Silva toggles between his highly successful business career and quiet battle with CMT
- Read Q & A With Peter de Silva – article in Ingram’s April 2023 Issue (complete issue)
- Succeeding in Spite of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, Article from PatientWorthy
- 3 IT Leadership Mistakes to Avoid The Enterprisers Project
- Dartmouth Week Newspaper Article featuring alumni Peter de Silva
- 7 ways I drew strength and purpose from chronic illness that anyone can use – Interview with Fast Company
- Interview with Kristin Marquet, Publicist and author based in New York City
- Interview with Adam Mendler